Your GANNI x Levi’s Garment features an NFC chip embedded within the back-patch.
The iconic Levi's back patch contains NFC technology. NFC stands for Near Field Communication.
NFC is a way to pass information between a product and your phone, and is the same technology used in contactless payments and can not track you or your location nor store any of your data.
This allows you to access our "Love Letter" digital experience, and unlock the GANNI x Levi's universe by tapping the back-patch with your smartphone device.
1. Unlock your NFC enabled smartphone
2. Tap your smartphone against the back patch found on your garment
3. Click the notification to launch Love Letters in your browser
Why is my phone not responding when I Tap the Patch?
- - Try adjusting the angle of your tap
- - Your device is not NFC compatible (See ‘What is NFC?’)
- - Your device is not powered and unlocked (On the home screen)
- - NFC is not active (Android only - search for ‘NFC’ in Settings)
- - An App is required to detect NFC tags. Download at tap.io.tt (iPhone 7, 8, X)
Why does my phone respond intermittently to the Patch?
The position of the NFC reader on smartphones differs between manufacturers.
How long do I need to hold my phone near the Patch?
As soon as you tap the Patch (physically making contact between phone and can) the content is instantly triggered and launched on your smartphone.
Can my phone read NFC when it is powered off or locked?
NFC readers on smartphones only work when the device is powered and unlocked.
Can NFC damage my smartphone?
NFC cannot damage your smartphone since it is a passive chip that is being read by the device. It has no dangerous influence over the reading device.